Promote ladder safety in the workplace by installing the patented Ladder-Guard barrier on all stepladders. The Ladder-Guard barrier helps prevent unsafe use of ladders by limiting access to the top step and top cap. When using a stepladder, employees often choose to stand on the top step or top cap of a stepladder in order to reach higher, however, doing so greatly increases the chance of serious injury by falling. Safety measures are needed to prevent employees from unknowingly, or intentionally, misusing stepladders.
The 6th most cited OSHA violation in 2019 involved ladders, 2,766 citations were issued. OSHA also categorizes Ladders as a “Serious” violation which they define as “one in which there is a substantial probability that death or serious physical harm could result, and the employer knew or should have known of the hazard”. Using the Ladder-Guard barrier will help employees stay compliant and significantly reduce the risk of company fines relating to OSHA standard 1926.1053(b)(13).
The Ladder-Guard barrier installs in minutes without altering or modifying the ladder and requires no special tools. Once installed, the barrier helps prevent unsafe use of ladders by limiting access to the top step and top cap on stepladders.
Benefits of Ladder-Guard
- Promotes proper use of ladders
- Installs in minutes with no special tools and no modifications to the stepladder
- Reduces the risk of worker injury or death
- Minimize ladder accidents by preventing access to the top step
- Reduces the risk of fines or penalties due to ladder safety violations
- Lightweight, inexpensive and easy to maintain
- Works on all bi-fold stepladders.
U.S. Patent: D791,971
U.S. Trademark: 86764784